Job Description : Diageo´s Central America and Caribbean ambitions is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in our region.
Our MISSION is to drive the industry and leave a mark, growing our people faster than the business while enjoying every step of the journey. Both make us dream and jump out of bed every morning to chase our dreams; they inspire us and drive us.
Do you dare to dream big because you want to leave a legacy? are you prepared to take risks in pursuit of greatness? Do you hold yourself to the highest standards with real accountability for results? do you want to influence and inspire our commercial teams and make sure we hit our 20% participation within the business? Then, let´s talk!
About the role
This role plays a major part in driving the Commercial Innovation. The person in this role will be a strong communicator who can work with multiple functions (Marketing, Customer marketing, Sales, Finance, Supply, customers) and work across all levels of the organization. The role requires both a high-level strategic lens and analytical work at a very detailed, tactical level, in an environment of frequent change.
This role is critical for CCA based on our distributors RTC Model. as it will be responsible for connecting market, shopper and distributor needs in order for Diageo to balance short. Mid and log term opportunities / executions.
Key Outputs / Deliverables:
- Influence and drive strong Innovation culture within sales organization (internal and distributors)
- Commercial Input to all projects from gate 1 (Strategic)
- Lead Commercial Execution from stage 3 to gate 6
- Planning: Lead and gate keep all the commercial innovation deliverables for every project:
- Ensure all projects are grounded in consumer / shopper insights.
- Be a key input to build a robust value chain and P&L based on commercial route to market scenarios.
- Build project´s bottom up and aligns with commercial managers and Tier 1 Distributors (Panamá, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica)
- Build strong customer propositions that ensure a persuasive selling story for customers.
- Build a robust commercial plan, KPI´s definition, and risk mitigation plan for every project.
- Lead S&OP process to ensure the most accurate demand forecast and ensure the project team is aligned to key commercialization dates (sell in – sell out)
- Work closely with Marketing and customer marketing areas to plan the right consumer, channel & shopper plans to achieve the project goals.
- Commercialization: Lead the execution phase with both internal and distributors teams:
- Lead and influence cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, customer marketing, sales) to ensure front-end product launches are flawless and successful.
- Ensure the commercial plans are embedded on regular cycle planning. On time, with the right depth level of information, with the right resources
- Ensure all plans are ready to implement from day 1. Selling presentations, customer proposition sheets, distribution tools & resources.
- Measure & evaluate the implementation phase based on the KPI´s definition bringing valuable learnings to the company that allows the team to correct of reinforce any of the plans to achieve the project goals.
- Be the key contact for all Innovation Project / Launches with sales team
- Be the link between marketing, customer marketing and sales team
- Be the source of engagement with customers and sales force
- Set, track and communicate Commercial KPIs for all launches to the wider business.
- Overall ownership of Trade margins
This role has no direct reports. However, he/she will have to work with different internal and external stakeholders as a team player to achieve the business/department outcomes by:
- Supporting the Innovation strategy alignment and embed the Innovation opportunities in top markets.
- Building amazing relationships and strong affinity/credibility with the commercial organization.
- Mobilizing Marketing and Customer Marketing to ensure brand innovation programs are embedded and delivered in CCA.
- Mobilizing commercial teams (Sales, Commercial Planning and Activation and distributors) and customers to flawlessly execute our Innovation Brand launches and Point of Purchase marketing programs.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5+ years of sales or marketing experience. Commercial, account Management and/or customer Marketing experience highly valuable.
- Influencing Skills: Strong ability to influence at all levels.
- Commercial acumen: Sound and practical understanding of the commercial environment bringing together commercial, customer and financial needs of the business
- Analytical Skills: Strong ability to access, analyze and draw key insights from various data sources to provide consultation and recommendations
- Organization: Is well organized and can balance multiple priorities
- Results-oriented: Drive issues quickly to conclusion, operating with pace, urgency and a strong sense of personal ownership.
- Experience in managing innovation launches and projects.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical & financial skills with specific budget management experience.
- Fluent in Spanish (Mandatory) and English.
- Role is based in Panamá
- Travel required and estimated at 25-30%.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :